Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #6175

    David V.


    My question is pretty simple, I guess. I’ve been in the U.S. for 3 years now and I’d love to stay, but without worrying about extending my visa, I’m sure you know what I mean. So, is there a good (and easy) way for getting a green card from an H-1 B visa?






    Hi David,

    I’m afraid there’s no easy way to do it, but it’s still doable. If your visa is valid, you can adjust your status, but you need to know that it may take some time, even a couple of years. I’m not an attorney, I’m not able to give you all the details, but I can shed some light on what needs to be done.

    You need to ask your employer to sponsor you for your green card – offer you a position that qualifies under an employment-based green card category. Your employer will obtain file PERM Labor Certification. They need to prepare a job description, advertise the position and if no U.S. worker qualifies, the certification application is filed with the US Department of Labor. Then you need to file I-140 Immigration Petition, then I-485 Adjustment of Status and once it’s approved, you get a green card.

    Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.