Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #5681

    Hello! I’m in the US now, on E2 visa and I’ve been wondering if there’s a way for me to get an EB1 or EB2 green card? Thanks!




    Hello Hanna! Thank you for reaching out to us.

    I’m not an attorney but I work closely with them, so I think I know a thing or two about some immigration processes and this one is surely an interesting case. I’m sure you are aware of the “dual-intent” concept of E2 visa. Like other employment-authorized nonimmigrant statuses, E2 status allows you to enter the US on a temporary basis, you must return to your country of origin after your work is complete but you can also intend to seek permanent residence and stay in the US. I know, this sounds funny and complicated, but please read more about it and you’ll understand the concept.

    The problem with the whole procedure might be the adjustment of status. I know that you might be asked to waive or give up the rights that were given to you with the E2 status, but I don’t have the knowledge to go into details.

    In order to get more answers, please contact an immigration attorney to discuss the details of your E2 status.

    Good luck!


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.