Visa extension B-1 B-2
May 15, 2017 at 7:13 pm #4091
Help me. What I should do to extend my tourist visa?May 15, 2017 at 7:17 pm #4094
B-2 extension requirements:
1) personal statement including:
– a detailed description of all activities you were involved from the moment you entered US (concerts, parks, museums visited – specify dates and places), provide evidence that you have been there – photographs, tickets, etc.
– detailed list of places where you stayed from the moment you have entered US (addresses, for example I landed in LA 5th July 2016,
5th July – 10th July – LA (address: hotel or if with friends or family – name and address)
10th July – 15th July – Las Vegas ( again – address: hotel or if with friends or family – name and address)
Please provide all hotel, hotel confirmations, flight tickets, car rental confirmations, etc.
– specify why you have not completed all the activities planned in the time admitted
– plans for the extended time – for each month (plus provide evidence that you have done some arrangements for that period – e.g. hostel reservations in the places you are planning to visit)
2) evidence confirming that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during the extended period:
– please provide bank statement (plus translation if not in English) confirming that you have at least $6000 or letter of support from your family form home country stating that they are going to support you financially while travelling in the US – please submit as well their bank statement showing that they have enough money to support you.
Bank letters are not considered as statements and USCIS will come back with the request for further evidence.
3) Ties with a home country:
– anything that shows that you are going to come back to your home country, for example, ownership of a car, house, confirmation of bills payment, letter from the employer, letter from the university, etc.,
4) Ticket to a home country:
– ticket to a home country with extended date ( so, for example, your status expires 1 June, you apply for the extension of 5 months, please provide the ticket for Oct. You cannot extend your stay for longer than 6 months, recommended – longest 5,5 months).
Please let me know in case of any questions.
</div>May 29, 2017 at 7:20 pm #4569
How much will it cost me to do the visa extension from B-2 visa to B-1 ? I came as a tourist I can easily prove that I have been a tourist here for 6 months and now I’d like to sign up to some conferences and stay for business as I’m thinking of investing in a startup and get an E-2 visa. For now, I’d like to switch from tourist B-2 visa for Business B-1 visa. Who in Shop Immigration is best to ask?June 8, 2017 at 8:40 pm #5180
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.