Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #4563

    Founder Visa
    Immigration Specialist

    Investors be careful with your E-2 visa! It should be applied from your home country. Why?

    Immigration attorneys forget to tell you that if you are on B-1/B-2 and you apply for E-2 Visa from the US, then you will not receive a visa, you receive a confirmation of the change of status to E-2. This document allows you to work and stay legal in the US, BUT BUT once you leave the US you totally lose your status. Then to get it again, you must go to your home country where you need to apply again for E-2. The application is not entirely identical to the application that you do in the US, therefore you should take that into consideration when negotiating the price of E-2 Visa with your attorney.



    Great post. It’s worth doing E-2 from home or make sure the additional changes that the embassy will require are included in the price. Immigration attorneys – you better be careful cause our customers know how this works 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.